Skip to main content

Just over it


    
 Another year.... here we go with another eyeroll as deep as it gets. Im at my yearly holiday bahhumbug. Is it normal to cry during holidays? Is it normal to just crawl in a ball and stay in bed. I feel like Im giving up but maybe just exhausted. My feelings have not changed from my previous holiday post, I still cant comprehend the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I cant do the entitlement and selfishness of "me, me, me" and what everyone is going to get while I spend the next 6 months plus paying for it, Its damaging and my mental health suffers. Im not supposed to be shopping and cooking alone to prepare for a family holiday. Where did I go wrong that everyone is scattered until its time to eat and by then the day is over. I have almost all adult children now is this just something I have to get used to? When you see other families gathering and cooking together and doing all the Christmas traditions together and Im standing alone in the kitchen crying trying to cook you cant help but wonder where I went wrong. Is this the biproduct of divorce? Did I ruin holidays for my children? All this time I thought I was busting my tail to make it special and meaningful....where did I go wrong? 

        I think its time to change the purpose of this blog. I wanted it to be a journey of following Christ but I dont feel that journey has gone anywhere in about 8 years. How did I get so lost? I was so happy....I even remember writing in one of the post about how amazing turning the light switch to my life was and how could anyone go back into the dark, but here I am. In the dark. Alone. Again. Should the blog be about a middle aged bi polar woman who wrecks her own life for others worldwide to witness? Is my life some cruel joke on me that when things go up they crash down just to see how much I can take? Who is this person? I dont even know me anymore yet when I read back through post I wonder who was that strong, happy, honest person that wrote all those beautiful writings? Are we all fake hiding behind who we really want to be or is there a fall from the rise every few years to teach us the things we need to be taught or in my case retaught over and over. 

        A journey that started with a desire to follow Christ is at a crossroads with a journey that barely even knows who he is all these years later. Where is my heart? Where is my head? Why am I just not here anymore? I challenged myself about ten years ago to get rid of anything in my life that didnt glorify God or point me closer to him and that included my marriage at the time...so I thought. Later down the road I learned that a marriage is coveted by God and he doesnt call for people to be divorced. There should have been something I hung onto to for things to change within the marriage perhaps instead of walking out on it but the damage was already done by the time I learned. Ok, I thought I learned but in retrospect I didnt because I turned around and remarried into a relationship that pulled me even further away from God. What am I doing? A relationship with God is deep within your soul so why is it so hard to keep it, honor it and grow it? Why do we get to a place of non existence to a relationship deep down in our souls? I have learned through the years we reap what we sow. Its one thing to hear it but its really an experience to grow through it. 

        I absolutely love plants. I have spent so much time and money buying and growing plants but I kill every single one of them even the no kill kind come to my house to die. I heard Dave Ramsey say once, "we are to plant the seeds and God is the sun and rain those seeds need to grow". I know in that context he was talking about money but I think it applies to everything including our lives. I grew up understanding that if you wanted to see someones real worth look at their fruit. Im sad to say I have everything in this world I could every want but pretty short in the fruit department. I can make pretty plants when I try to garden, but I have yet to see those plants produce even after all the time and money Ive spent on them. What am I doing wrong here? Time to dig back into Gods word and see what deficiencies I have and restart the growing process. I am tired of no produce. Is this a normal part of growth or am I just dead? Can my life be turned around again or is it just too late?

        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tis the season

 Here we are again...another year has passed and Im in my normal buhumbug Christmas attitude with declining spirit as the years go by. Its really my same gripe and complaint every year of the expectation and greed that has taken over the idea of a gift. I dont mean to bring others down with me, but it seems my husband is losing his spirit as well. Our house has been known for its lights and light show but this year no lights, no decorations and its the 18th of December. My kids are grown.. well I say that, but really the baby has been jipped. Hes 16 so never here, but we always did the Christmas stuff because we had kids to make it special for. Everyone around us thinks we have it all together...does facebook do that to people? I feel like Ive always been raw and real which is not always to my advantage when your bi polar like me things just come out. The truth is, I just dont have any Christmas in me anymore. I see everyone else getting together and making cookies and candies, visitin

2024

 Here we are... Happy New Year!! So, what are your resolutions and goals for 2024? Ill tell you mine... none. Ive been wondering what is wrong with me so I googled "What does it mean if you have no goals or dreams" Diagnosis...lacking motivation and unambitious. Interesting. I get up every day and work 12-16 hours a day usually 7 days a week to keep things going yet I have lack of motivation and unambitious. Hmmm. Another diagnosis was lack of purpose, ok I might get on board with that one. I have been asking God my whole life what my purpose is and why am I here. I have felt the answer a few times and things seem to explode while I was doing it. So, that cant be right. I get doors close and and another one opens but how many have to shut before you figure out what your supposed to do with your life? Whats the purpose in finding it right before your life ends...why cant we spend our whole lives doing our purpose our mission before final resting and the words "good job my

A Screw Loose

 Monday I had a post planned on how great it felt to have sunshine in February and after watching JLOs new documentary how normal I felt to feel like everything is going to fall apart and everyone is watching. It was a raw look at my life through her eyes and it just felt so real that someone with her talent and creative skills has the thoughts I do everyday about my work, life and family. In the end we just want to be a good parent and have amazing children that weve given everything weve got and sometimes more to. I felt so normal and begin wondering if there is really such a thing as bi polar or depression or if were just adjusting to different life steps in our journey. Maybe everyone goes through the same thoughts and feelings but perhaps handles them differently. Maybe I don't have mental issues and I just needed reassurance or a different outlook. A few tears were shed and I called it a night. By Tuesday I was ok, felt heavy and my head was foggy but nothing was wrong, I was