Skip to main content

PK

So I have a disheartning confession...Im a plant killer (boo). My mother calls me PK (not joking). Its super frustrating to be so passionate about something and be so bad at it. Every year I spend hundreds of dollars on plants, seeds, soil only to kill everything within months sometimes weeks. I research, I plan, I study and nothing. I can buy garden vegetable plants from the store and keep the plants alive but cant get them produce. Ive tried indoor gardening with lights, container gardening, in ground gardening and raised bed gardening with all the same results. I feel like I have even blogged all this trauma before now that I think about it because it s yearly disappointment. I can grow seeds into pods and give them away because I have so many then kill the plants I keep. What gives? I will tell you about 15 years ago I lived on a farm and had the most amazing garden EVER!! I also had the most amazing father in law that tended to it everyday. I had fruit trees and a blackberry garden. I had a strawberry garden and a salsa garden then the main garden that had all the rows of any other kind of vegetable that you could ever want and it created such an amazing crop that we canned vegetables, salsa and marinara sauce. We had cattle and pigs so we literally ate farm to table which inspired alot of my cooking and then the cooking blog. There is nothing like farm to table. It was alot of work and we only had to pick and upkeep. I took it forgranted and now that I live in the city...Im in my 6th year of growing anything. I have managed to eat about 3 strawberries, 4 cherry tomatoes and a few potatoes. I cant even keep herbs alive in my house. My brother on the other hand is a garden gift straight from heaven and its a huge family joke because he can grow, engineer, cross breed, genetic absolutely anything and everything. Its super sad. Ive tried to compost, play music, add wind, medicate and boost to know end. I think Im going to order gardening for dummies today. Whats sad is everything I read is something I already know yet I cant make it work. I kill cactus...who kills cactus? Me. I have always been taught what you nourish will grow, but Im just not seeing it here. Ive wondered if its our soil, Ive changed locations around my house Im starting to wonder if its me. Is it possible that I bring death? Am I sucking the life out of the things around me? I thought gardening was therapy but am I putting my stress in my plants? Have you ever seen the movie where the girl cooked and feelings went into her food? I cant remember the name but it had Sarah Michelle Geller in it, its an older movie but I always considered it when I cooked to have the most amazing feelings and everyone always said my food was the most amazing so it just stuck. If I cant keep a plant alive, can I keep anything alive? Am I killing the relationships around me too? Is this the reason I dont have friends? Is this the reason I dont have animals? Is this the reason I work for myself? Is this the reason Im not a volunteer anymore or on any commitees? Am I not good enough anymore or have I suffocated everything around me and dont even know it? Did I think I had passion but instead ended up killing everything? Is the bible the book of life for dummies? Can you over nourish things that you care about and kill them instead? Am I really just too consumed with myself and work to protect myself from being hurt by people? I thought I was working hard to prove to myself Im good enough but is it really just killing me and everything around me instead? I heard yesterday that every fear is an opportunity. I like that. I will probably forget it after I spend the next few hours painting a floor but it was a special thought to me for a minute. Have you figured out that my bi polar brain is absolutely crazy yet? Just another  Sunday morning in my head...time to get that floor painted and crank up the worship music to calm my soul. I really hope that the old people that are really great at gardening started like me and I can be amazing when Im grandma if not...I give up. If I were being honest, I now have fake succulents and herbs in my house so I can admire them without killing them. One last thing before I go to work...make sure to tell your house sitter and office staff which ones are fake before you leave out of town (HAHAHA) yes, its happened multiple times. As far as my death cloud... I know the devil wont be anywhere God is, so I will continue to sing my heart out to keep him away from me. Where there is God theres life.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tis the season

 Here we are again...another year has passed and Im in my normal buhumbug Christmas attitude with declining spirit as the years go by. Its really my same gripe and complaint every year of the expectation and greed that has taken over the idea of a gift. I dont mean to bring others down with me, but it seems my husband is losing his spirit as well. Our house has been known for its lights and light show but this year no lights, no decorations and its the 18th of December. My kids are grown.. well I say that, but really the baby has been jipped. Hes 16 so never here, but we always did the Christmas stuff because we had kids to make it special for. Everyone around us thinks we have it all together...does facebook do that to people? I feel like Ive always been raw and real which is not always to my advantage when your bi polar like me things just come out. The truth is, I just dont have any Christmas in me anymore. I see everyone else getting together and making cookies and candies, visitin

2024

 Here we are... Happy New Year!! So, what are your resolutions and goals for 2024? Ill tell you mine... none. Ive been wondering what is wrong with me so I googled "What does it mean if you have no goals or dreams" Diagnosis...lacking motivation and unambitious. Interesting. I get up every day and work 12-16 hours a day usually 7 days a week to keep things going yet I have lack of motivation and unambitious. Hmmm. Another diagnosis was lack of purpose, ok I might get on board with that one. I have been asking God my whole life what my purpose is and why am I here. I have felt the answer a few times and things seem to explode while I was doing it. So, that cant be right. I get doors close and and another one opens but how many have to shut before you figure out what your supposed to do with your life? Whats the purpose in finding it right before your life ends...why cant we spend our whole lives doing our purpose our mission before final resting and the words "good job my

A Screw Loose

 Monday I had a post planned on how great it felt to have sunshine in February and after watching JLOs new documentary how normal I felt to feel like everything is going to fall apart and everyone is watching. It was a raw look at my life through her eyes and it just felt so real that someone with her talent and creative skills has the thoughts I do everyday about my work, life and family. In the end we just want to be a good parent and have amazing children that weve given everything weve got and sometimes more to. I felt so normal and begin wondering if there is really such a thing as bi polar or depression or if were just adjusting to different life steps in our journey. Maybe everyone goes through the same thoughts and feelings but perhaps handles them differently. Maybe I don't have mental issues and I just needed reassurance or a different outlook. A few tears were shed and I called it a night. By Tuesday I was ok, felt heavy and my head was foggy but nothing was wrong, I was